The longest journey begins with a small step taken by a brave person. On my way to a happier and healthier ME!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, February 3, 2012

Wild Rose Herbal Detox Day 12 - Finished!

Today is the day. The day where we throw our hands up in the air and yell "We did it" - a very successful 12 days on the detox. We are both very proud of how well we did this time and are thinking of taking this one twice a year. We found it a lot harder last June - but were were able to finish strong this time around.

Breakfast this morning was the rice puffs, berries and almond milk...Lunch was the leftover rice from last night. So yum. I am going to make a huge batch of something like that each Sunday so that DH and I can have something yummy and nutritious to eat for lunches. This will save us $10-15/day as DH won't have to buy lunch at work anymore. Benefits all around.

Kids had swimming tonight, and then off to DH's parents place to celebrate his mom's birthday. They ordered Chinese food. I had a plate of a bunch of different things, but definitely did not take as much as I normal would. I only had 1/2 an egg roll. Although, the food was tasty - I did not enjoy it as much. My stomach felt off pretty soon after. DH and I both agreed that we did not miss this type of eating. And we were both proud of ourselves for choosing water to drink instead of a diet coke or coke zero. Yay, us!

So my overall review of the session on the detox.
* Definitely had more energy. Was not as tired. I didn't feel like I needed an afternoon rest. I got a ton done around the house, even though it doesn't really look like it, I did a ton of organizing and tidying.
* I feel better. I have been happier, more chipper - says my dear husband anyway.
* I am down some weight - regardless of the fact it may come back on once I'm done the laxatives, etc. I am really going to try and keep below the 160s. We'll see about tomorrow morning, after eating this Chinese tonight...and all the yummy snacks that will be served at our neighbour's Super Bowl party on Sunday.
* I would definitely recommend this program. DH and I have really felt great these past 12 days, despite stomach cramping and headaches...really great overall.

Day 12 Weight:
Me: 158.2lbs - Losing 8.2 lbs
DH: 248.0 - Losing 13.8lbs

So - this is my final post about the WRHD for this session...perhaps we will do it again in the fall. Until then - I will keep you posted on my weight loss as much as possible.
Thanks for reading!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment