The longest journey begins with a small step taken by a brave person. On my way to a happier and healthier ME!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, November 11, 2011

Couch 2 5Km - Week 2

This morning, I started week 2 of the C25K program. Am feeling really good about about my new routine - I put on my lulu pants, my sports bra and cool racerback tank on first thing in the morning...that way I am already dressed and don't have to worry about wasting time to change again...One way that I am staying on plan is finding a set time to do my running. I find that right after I return from taking L to school is the best time. I let the kids play in the play room and with the treadmill right outside the play room door - everyone is happy.

Today I ran a total of 8 minutes with a maximum of 1.5mins at a time. Just that extra 30seconds felt a little harder, but I felt good for finishing strong. And I felt great afterwards. I like this new girl I'm becoming. But, while I was running I was thinking that there's no way this girl will be able to run 5km. I just can't imagine being able to to do it. I've never been really fit...or a runner of any sort...so this is all new...but I'm giving it my all. While looking for an image to include in today's post, I came across this one...and it felt perfect for how I was feeling this morning.

I have to share something that L said to me before school. We were having breakfast and she asked why I was wearing a tank top since it was so cold out...I told her after I got home from taking her to school, I was going to exercise on the treadmill. She wanted to know why. I said "to try and get healthier" She said "Mom! You are healthy. You are great!" (sigh) No! She's great! Man, I love that kid!

I will leave the blog today with a question for runners....I have always had a hard time figuring out how to breathe properly. Are there any tips you can offer? In through nose, out through mouth? Etc.

Todays C25K thought:
When you hear "it's too hard", you are close to doing something amazing!
Love it!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment