The longest journey begins with a small step taken by a brave person. On my way to a happier and healthier ME!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week 2 Complete!

Happy to say that week 2 of the C25K program is done. Felt good while doing it. Today's workout was 5minute walking warm up then 1.5min run 2min walk repeated 6 times with a 5 minute walking cool down. I was definitely tired by about 18 minutes but was determined to finish.



I really have tried to be good this week. Lots of tracking...3 days of exercise...healthy choices. Mind you, I did eat a hamburger and fries last night when we all went to South Street Burger Co. for dinner. And, after I got the kids to bed - I was feeling so icky after all that grease, that I decided to make a batch of my weight watchers Garden Vegetable Soup. Zero points per serving and SO yummy.

GARDEN VEGETABLE SOUP
Photobucket
2/3c sliced carrot
1/2c diced onion
2 minced garlic cloves
3c fat free broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
1 1/2c diced green cabbage
1/2c green beans
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2c diced zucchini

Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray, heat. Saute the carrot, onion and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered about 15 minutes or until beans are tender. Stir in the zucchini and heat for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.


I am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!
And I leave you with something I saw on Twitter the other day:

If you keep trying, then losing doesn't mean you lost, it just means you haven't won yet. If you give up, then you've lost.

1 comment: