The longest journey begins with a small step taken by a brave person. On my way to a happier and healthier ME!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 1 Weigh In

This morning, I had my weigh in - I was feeling discouraged as I thought I probably would be up with all the dinners out and birthday eating I had did week. So many yummy treats this weekend.

So, when I stepped on and was 0.5 down, I was sooo excited. I was so worried that I had started this blog, only to post a gain on the very first week. I had expressed my worries to my good friend, Gayle, and she made me feel so much better...she said "just think, if you hadn't started this blog, and had this extra motivation, you probably would've indulged even more than you had over the weekend". And she was right...At the all-you-can eat sushi place - I could've had so many delicious deep fried items...instead, I did have a couple coconut shrimp but filled up on chicken skewers and cashew nut chicken with steamed rice. And I felt better about my choices.

And obviously this C25K thing is working...3 days this week, I did 30mins on the treadmill...who would've thought that exercise helped with weight loss? LOL But most of all, who would've thought I would be enjoying it?

There were many obstacles this week - I handled some responsibly and others not so much (e.x. the yummy b'day cupcakes on Monday night) Leaving this week's obstacles behind and looking ahead to this coming week - looking forward to testing out the Week 2 on C25K...and doing some healthy eating!

2 comments: