The longest journey begins with a small step taken by a brave person. On my way to a happier and healthier ME!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Starting Fresh

Welcome!
I have decided after a year of struggling with Weight Watchers, I have decide I need something to kick my butt into gear. For those who follow my original Mama blog : Mama To 2 Little Monkeys have been with me on my journey trying to get to goal. Although my "Weigh In Wednesday" posts were few and far between - I am motivated now to keep on track and blog about this final leg of my trip with Weight Watchers. I will get to goal...and from there, make it to Lifetime...and stop paying for this program! With writing this blog, I will use all of you readers as the people I am accountable to. Posting my weight weekly will hopefully keep me on track.

Background
I began Weight Watchers for the 3rd time when my son was 6 months old. I joined in 2002 , I joined before getting married (losing 25lbs in 4.5 months)...and then again in 2006 when my daughter was 6 months old (losing 23 lbs in 8 months) I didn't get to goal either time, but felt happy where I was and thought I could continue on my own if needed...ha! So...fast forward to August 2008 - my son was 6 months old and I thought it was time to get started on losing the rest of the pregnancy weight I'd gained (and boy, do I gain a lot with my pregnancies!). I was doing well...but never amazing - I tend to follow the weight watchers plan, but not 100%, I cheat A LOT - after almost 2 years on the plan, I was down to 155 from 186.2 - 31lbs...I was doing pretty well into Christmas of 2010...and then I lost it - By April of this year I had gained back 10 lbs...and since then it's up a little, down a little.

Conclusion
So...I've decided that I need to make a serious change. I am vowing to keep track of my weight loss progress on this new blog. I will write posts about exercise habits I am planning to incorporate (going to try the 'Couch to 5KM' program). I will do this...I will get to goal...it has taken MUCH longer than I had planned...but I'm going to keep on track and get this extra weight off.
Thursday morning, I will weigh in and start my weekly weigh in posts - with pictures of my progress.
As of right now, I know I will be up...I missed last week, as DH and I were at the Mumford & Sons concert (amazing) - the pounds definitely have been creeping on the last month. And this is definitely not helping:

So...watch out for a post in a couple days....

Any tips or strategies on how to keep me on track and in line????

No comments:

Post a Comment